The aim of the Journal is a continuous and timely dissemination of research developments and applications. The Journal is an inter disciplinary forum for Wind and Engineering and publishes referred papers on the latest advances on the subject and their application to industrial wind engineering, wind induced disasters, environmental issues and wind energy. Papers on relevant and innovative practice and engineering application as well as those of an interdisciplinary nature are strongly encouraged. Discussions on any paper previously published in the Journal are also considered for publication. Articles submitted to the Journal should be original and should not be
under consideration for publication elsewhere at the same time.
Besides regular issues containing contributed research papers, it will be the endeavour of the editors to bring out specialty issues covering a specific area of interest to include invited state-of-the-art papers.
On the other hand two-page notes describing preliminary ideas on a proposed area of future research will also be considered for publication.
Members may also send news items, memoirs, book reviews for publication.
The Society is not responsible for statements and opinions expressed by the authors in the Journal.
The journal will be brought out biannually. For ISWE members, subscription to ISWE Journal is included in the membership fee. The rates per issue for non-members are given below:
- Regular Issue : Rs. 150.00 (US$ 25.00, by air mail)
- Special Issue : Rs. 500.00 (US$ 50.00, by air mail)
- Library Membership (Annual) : Rs. 1000.00 (US $ 100.00 by air mail)
There are no page charges for the Journal of Wind and Engineering.
A copy of the journal will be sent by post to all corresponding authors after publication. Additional copies of the journal can be purchased at the author’s preferential rate of Rs. 150.00 per Volume.
Preparation of the Manuscript
- Paper Length : The length of paper should normally be restricted to 10 pages maximum.
- Headings and subheadings : Headings should be in bold uppercase and not numbered. Sub- headings should be in bold lower case and may be numbered.
- Figures and Tables: These should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals and should be titled.Figure captions should be given on a separate sheet. Figures should be very sharp.
- Photographs, Illustrations: Good glossy bromide prints of these must accompany the manuscript and not be attached to the manuscript pages.
- References: These should be listed alphabetically at the end of the text and numbered serially, cited in the text by the last name(s) of authors followed by the year of publication in parenthesis. In case of more than two authors, the last name of the first author followed by et al. and the year of publication is to be cited in the text. References are to be listed in he following format only:
1. Walker, G.R., Roy, R.J. 1985. Wind loads on houses in urban environment. Proc. of Asia Pacific Sym. on Wind Engg., University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India, Dec. 5-7.
2. Holmes, J.D., Melbourne, W.H. and Walker, G.R. A commentary on the Australian Standard for wind loads. Australian Wind Engineering Society, 1990.
3. Krishna, P., Kumar, K., Bhandari, N.M., (2005), “Review of Wind Loading Codes”, A study sponsored by Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority, India.
f. Abstract: This should not exceed 150 words and be an abbreviated, accurate representation of the contents of the article. It should be followed by a list of 3 to 5 key words of these contents.
g. Units: All quantities should be in SI units. Other units may be enclosed in parenthesis after the SI units, if necessary.
Manuscript of the paper should be transmitted by e-mail, or, alternatively, the original manuscript together with a soft copy on CD should be submitted to the Editor-in-Chief / Editors for possible publication in the Journal.
Please make sure your contact address is clearly visible on the outside of all packages you are sending to the Editors.
C/o Center of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667
Distt. Haridwar, Uttarakhand , INDIA
Office: +91-1332-286616 Fax: +91-1332-286617
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: iswe.co.in
All enquiries may be addressed to the Editor-in-Chief / Editors, at this address.
Submitting a Paper to Journal
1. In order to maintain anonymity during any referring process, authors are requested to refrain from, or keep to a minimum, self-referencing.
2. In consideration of the publication of your Article, you assign us with full title guarantee, all rights of copyright and related rights in your Article. So that there is no doubt. This assignment includes the right to publish the Article in all forms, including electronic and digital forms, for the full legal term of the copyright and any extension or renewals. You shall retain the right to use the substances of the above work in future works, including lectures, press releases and reviews, provided that you acknowledge its prior publication in the Journal.
3. We shall prepare and publish your Article in the journal. We reserve the right to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the article suitable for publication; and we reserve the right not to proceed with publication for whatever reason. In such an instance, copyright in the Article will revert to you.
4. You hereby assert your moral rights to be identified as the author of the Article according to the Indian Copyright Designs & Patents Act.
5. You warrant that you have secured the necessary written permission from the appropriate copyright owner or authorities for the reproduction in the Article and the Journal of any text, illustration, or other material. You warrant that, apart from any such third party copyright material included in the Article, the Article is you original work, and cannot be construed as plagiarizing any other published work, and has not been and will not be published elsewhere.
6. In addition, you warrant that the Article contains no statement that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, fraudulent, nor in any way infringes the rights of others, nor is in any way unlawful or in violation of applicable laws.
7. You warrant that, wherever possible and appropriate, client or participant mentioned in the text has given informed consent to the inclusion of material pertaining to themselves, and that they acknowledge that they cannot be identified via the text.
8. If the Article was prepared jointly with other authors, you warrant that you have been authorized by all coauthors to sign this Agreement on their behalf, and to agree on their behalf the order of names in the publication of the Article.